But here are two locomotives of which I have never found a single word
in Russian railway literature.|
The Malmц Harbour Construction Ordered two standard gauge ( 1435 mm )
locomotives from HVM.
Later these two locomotives were sold to Skеnska Cement AB which in
turn bought Estonian Port Kunda Cement Factory in late 1930s.
Its founder Johann Girard de Soucanton was a baron and lived in Imperial Russia.
He also built his own railway from St.Petersburg-Revel ( Tallinn ) Railway from Rakvere
to Kunda on the coast of Gulf of Finland.
|HVM 38||1909||Bt-n2 1435||Malmц Hamnbyggnad No 5|
|HVM 45||1913||Bt-n2 1435||Malmц Hamnbyggnad No 6|
When Soviet Union occupied Estonia in 1940 this,then Swedish owned company was
of course nationalised.
When the Germans attaced Soviet Union they occupied Estonia in August 1941.
By then this former ( and legal ) owner started negotiations with the German Occupying
Adminsration of Estonia and reached an agreement to start the production of cement again
in 1942.To secure the transport of cement from Kunda to Rakvere the Skеnska Cement AB
sent its two locomotives to Kunda.
Some sources say that HVM locomotives had meanwhile being rebuilt to 1Bt-h2 in 1939 but
this is not sure.
Anyway,these two locomotives were sent by Swedish merchant ship to Riga and from Riga the
locomotives were transfered by rail to Kunda.
They operated the line at least to September 1944.
It is possible that the Germans exploded the locomotives in September 1944,but old people at
Kunda remembered that both survived when the Red Army entered to Kunda in September 1944.
After that both locomotives dissapeared without any trace.
So there were somewhere in Soviet Union after September 1944 in unknown location two
Swedish built industrial locomotives either in form Bt-n2 or 1Bt-h2.
One mystery more to add to the Russian railway history.
Also one locomotive to add to Swedish industrial locomotives:
Skеnska Cement had also purchased one Latvian Cement Producer Company before 1939.
The German Occupying Adminstration in Latvia allowed the Swedish company to start
cement production again in 1942.
The company delivered in 1942 one locomotive for this site in Latvia.
After summer 1944 nothing is known of this locomotive.
|Ct-n2||1435||Nydqvist & Holm ( NyHo )||808||1905||ex Vдstra Klagstorp - Tyngelsjц Jдrnvдg No 4|